menu

Can candles cause carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon monoxide is associated with pollutants like the exhaust of vehicles but that is not the sole source of the noxious gas. It is observed that items around the house like grills, generators, fire, gas stove, and cheap candles. Carbon monoxide is a harmful gas that can cause a variety of respiratory issues and problems. This is because the gas is stronger than oxygen and this will push the same out of the bloodstream. As a result, your body feels deprived of oxygen and thus you have felt issues with your vision or even lightheadedness. Other notable symptoms include - flu-like feelings, having memory issues, and respiratory problems. In such a case, it is best to call a doctor and seek medical attention. But does candle truly cause carbon monoxide poisoning? The answer is yes but the same is quite negligible and you would need to burn many these to reach an alarming level. Therefore, it is best to avoid leaving a burning candle in a closed room.