Oils like mustard, clarified butter and sesame seeds are best for indoor use. Similarly, these lamps are safe to use indoors but with precautions. For instance -
• Keep out of the reach of children and pets where they may accidentally knock these down and cause damage.
• Avoid colourful oils as these spoils the wick
• Always moisten the wick using oil before use
• Use old-style wicks that have cut on one end and rounded on the other.
• Remove the cover of the lamp and then add oil. Never overfill the same as the same can lead to damage
• The flame comes in direct contact with the above oil spill, it will lead to major accidents.